本集內容
Can loneliness harm your health? 孤獨是否損害健康?
文字稿
Can loneliness harm your health?
孤獨會損害健康嗎?
We all feel lonely sometimes. It’s normal, and not something to worry about.
我們都有孤獨的時候。偶爾感到孤獨很正常,並不用擔心。
Source: WHO
But some experts say that being socially isolated or feeling lonely for long periods could affect your health.
數據來源:世界衛生組織
但有一些專傢說,長期與社會隔離(缺乏社會聯系)或感到孤獨可能會影響你的健康。
It’s been compared to smoking, drinking too much alcohol, and obesity for the potential impact on life expectancy.
有些研究將長期感到孤獨與吸煙、酗酒和肥胖等因素放在一起比較,以瞭解長期孤獨對人預期壽命可能產生的影響。
But the science on this is not clear.
但這方面的科學依據尚不明確。
Physical symptoms can include a higher risk of heart disease, dementia and stroke.
長期感到孤獨可能會增加人患心臟疾病、失智癥及中風的風險。
And it can impact your mental health too.
也會影響人的心理健康。
It’s been linked to an increased risk of sleep issues, anxiety and depression.
長期感到孤獨還與睡眠問題、焦慮和抑鬱的風險增加有關。
Researchers are trying to find out more about why these health links exist.
研究人員們正在試圖找出上述健康問題存在聯系的原因。
Loneliness is something that affects all age groups, and it’s a global problem reported by people in every region.
孤獨影響所有年齡段的人,這也是一個全球性的問題,所有地區的人們都反映受到瞭孤獨的影響。
Source: WHO
One in four older people experience social isolation. And up to 15% of young people feel lonely.
數據來源:世界衛生組織
四分之一的老年人長期與社會隔離。而有多達15%的年輕人感到孤獨。
But it’s thought those numbers could actually be much higher.
但人們認為實際數字可能要更高。
The World Health Organisation says it’s a “global public health concern”.
世界衛生組織表示,孤獨是一個 “全球公共衛生問題”。
It recommends three tools to help fix how you feel.
世界衛生組織建議用以下三個方法來幫助你克服孤獨感。
Get in touch with friends and family.
一:與朋友和傢人保持聯系。
Do things you enjoy, like hobbies.
二:做你喜歡的事情,比如興趣愛好。
And reach out – join groups to meet new people or speak to medical professionals who can support you.
三:主動與他人溝通交流,加入興趣小組以結識新朋友,或與能幫助你的醫學專業人士交談。
免費試聽
填表領取25分鐘真人外師課+英文程度分析