I was stood up yesterday though it was supposed to be our first date.
(昨天我被爽約了。這應該是我們的第一次約會。)
5.slack off(本義:懈怠,偷懶)
這是表示已經到了學校或公司,但正在偷懶、不認真的樣子。
Hey, stop slacking off. Be serious!
(嘿,別偷懶。認真點!) She always slacks off when her mother isn’t at home.
(媽媽不在的時候她總是很懶。)
各種場合都可以用!跟「偷懶」相關的英語表達
讓我們看看如何根據不同情況使用「偷懶」的英文表達,大致可分為五種類型。
1.翹課 / 翹班
I’m not in the mood for school tomorrow. I’m skipping.
(我明天不想去學校。我要翹課。) A: Where is Mike? I can’t find him.
(麥克在哪裡?我找不到他。) B: Don’t worry. He is just playing hooky.
B:別擔心,他只是翹課而已。 Lucy cuts school again.
(露西又逃學了。) He ditched work for a walk in the park.
(他翹了班去公園散步。)
I skived off work today to watch baseball game on TV.
(我今天翹班去看棒球轉播。) She fails to attend school for more than 1 week intentionally.
(她已經曠課一個多星期了。)
2.裝病
I saw him at the grocery store yesterday and he was fine. He is skiving.
(我昨天在雜貨店看到他,他很好。他在裝病。) Becky is throwing a sickie.
(貝姬假裝生病。) He feigned sickness to get a day off work.
(他假裝生病請假一天。) I pretended that I was sick because I don’t want to go school.
(我不想去學校所以裝病。)
3.懶散
I can’t stand that my colleague loaf on the job.
(我無法忍受同事在工作上偷懶。) Stop slacking and get down to study, or you’ll fail the exam.
(別再偷懶了,好好學習,不然你會考試不及格的。) He sat there goofing off all day instead of working.
(他整天坐在那裡,懶洋洋地什麼都不做。)
4.置之不理
My boyfriend stood me up again!
(男友又放我鴿子了!) I waited for more than 2 hours but she didn’t show up.
(我等了兩個多小時,她還是沒出現。) He ditched me again to hang out with his friends.
(他再次拋棄我,和他的朋友們一起出去玩。)
5.爽約
Jessica cancelled on me at the last minute.
(傑西卡在最後一刻取消了跟我的約會。) I had an appointment today, but the guy bailed on me at the last minute.
(我今天有個約會,但那傢伙在最後一刻爽約了。) I was supposed to go on a date with him, but he flaked out on me.
(我原本應該要跟他約會,但他在最後一刻爽約了。)
用「偷懶」相關的表達挑戰英語會話吧!
讓我們用上面介紹的表達,設想一下實際的對話吧!請反覆練習大聲說出來!
案例一:他沒有遵守約定
A: You don’t look well today. What’s going on?
(你今天臉色不太好,怎麼了?) B: I haven’t been getting along with John
(我和約翰合不來。) A: Why? You guys have only just started seeing each other.
(為什麼?你們不是才剛交往嗎?) B: Yeah but he often cancels our date at the last minute, and he stood me up yesterday. I can’t stand it anymore.
(是啊,但他常常在最後一刻爽約,昨天他放我鴿子。我再也受不了了。) A: I think you should talk to him about it.
(你應該跟他好好談談。) B: You’re right. I’ll call him tonight.
(你說得對,我今晚會打電話給他。)
案例2:英語學習陷入困境
A: I don’t feel like taking English lesson today. I think I am going to skip it.
(我今天不想上英語會話。我想翹課。)
B: What’s wrong with you? You’ve been studying English so hard.
(怎麼了?你一直很努力學習英語。) A: I don’t think my English has progressed and I always slack off when I am studying alone.
(我覺得自己的英文沒有進步,而且一個人學習的時候總是很懶。) B: How about joining an English study group? You will find study buddies.
(B:加入英文學習小組怎麼樣?你一定會交到一些學習上的朋友!) A: Thank you. I’ll look it up online.
(A: 謝謝你,我會上網查一下。)