Why do you want to live in the country? 為什麼你會想要住在鄉下呢?
I want to raise my children in the country. 我想要讓孩子在鄉村中成長。
We are going to a rural area to take pictures this weekend. 我們這個週末要去市郊拍照。
I grew up in a rural area, so this place feels like home. 我在鄉下長大,所以這個地方對我來說很有家的感覺。
I think rural life is not for me. I like the city better. Living in the country is boring for me. 我覺得自己不適合鄉村的生活。我比較喜歡住在都市裡面,住鄉下太無聊了。
I like the country better than the city because I don’t like crowded places. 比起都市,我比較喜歡鄉下,因為我不喜歡人多的地方。
I want to live in the country when I retire. 等我退休,我想要去鄉下住。
A lot of young people move from the city to the country these days. 最近有很多年輕人從都市搬到鄉下去住。
I grew up in the middle of nowhere. I have never met anyone who has heard of my hometown.
我小時候住在一個很偏僻的小地方。我認識的人沒有一個聽過的。
I was born and raised in Taipei. I’ve been living in Taipei pretty much my whole life. I can’t imagine myself living in the country, 我在台北出生長大,幾乎一輩子都是住在這裡。所以我完全不能想像鄉下的生活是什麼樣子。
I’m jealous of people living in rural areas. I want to live like them. 我真羨慕那些住鄉下的人,真希望我也可以有那樣的居住環境。
In the country, it’s hard to get around without a car. 在鄉下,沒有車子是很難四處移動。
Although I live in the country, it’s not that inconvenient, because it’s only a 1- hour drive to the city. 我雖然住鄉下,生活卻也不是那麼不方便。畢竟只要花一個小時就可以到市區了。
I have stayed in a rural area where there were no convenience stores. 我待在一個連便利商店都沒有的鄉下地方。
We have to face the rural depopulation more seriously. 我們必須更嚴肅面對鄉村的人口流失問題。
There are a lot of vacant houses in rural areas. 在鄉下,很多房子都沒有人住。
People in the country are much busier than you think they are. 住鄉下的生活比你想像中的要忙碌多了。
I’m running a guest house in the country. You can experience rural life while staying there.
我在鄉下開了一間小旅館。住在那裡就可以體驗到鄉村的生活方式。
單字片語
A is not for me. A不適合我。 A feels like home. A給我一種家的感覺。 pretty much 幾乎 be jealous of ~ 羨慕〜 get around 四處活動 depopulation 人口減少 vacant 空的
總結
在此整理一下各種鄉下的表現方式
・the country ・the countryside ・rural area ・the sticks ・the boondocks ・the middle of nowhere ・provincial area ・rustic area ・small town